Friday, March 07, 2008

Four Oh!

Happy birthday, Rick!

Rick's co-workers were enthusiastic in their birthday wishes!!!
They also treated him to a taped-shut coffee mug, a tape-disabled mouse, and a telephone receiver taped to its base.

I want everyone to know you did not ask for this snow for your birthday. As we joked last night, he was not specific in anything he wanted for his birthday, but neither was he specific about what he didn't want! The first forecast I heard yesterday was for 5-7 inches. Then it changed to 6-10. This morning I'm hearing 8-12. That's sounding pretty lion-like to me.

I still have not been out button shopping, so the Audrey Cardigan is in limbo. I am happy to report that all the ends are woven in, so she just needs those buttons.

It must be that I enjoy a challenge in my knitting every now and then. The Millicent Socks are providing one. Wednesday night I knitted the first three rows of the chart and before I went to bed I ripped them out because I could not tell where I had lost track and I could not come up with the correct number of stitches.
Thursday I (hopefully) anchored myself more securely to the track by moving a life line with my knitting row by row, and putting a stitch marker in between each repeat of the chart This will be slow going, but these socks will be worth it.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Rick works with some pranksters! Happy Birthday, Rick!

Carrie said...

Happy Bday Rick!! I hope it was a good one. Sorry to hear about all the snow...think spring!! It's right around the corner.

hakucho said...

Happy Birthday Rick!

Good luck with your socks...looks like a very interesting pattern :)