Sunday, March 09, 2008

Canceled

It might have happened, but in the 28 years that I've been in northern Ohio I do not remember Sunday morning services at church being canceled.

When the decision was made it was my job to call the organist. I spoke to his wife on the phone, and she was so relieved! She told me they went out to measure the snow in their driveway just for the heck of it -- 17-inches!!!

I don't know what our total was because a kind neighbor came over around 8:30 am to clear our driveway with a snow blower. After that, Rick and I went out every three hours to clear another 3 - 4 inches of new-fallen and drifted snow.

Here is what our garage looks like in the morning light. The windows are frozen shut so I had to photograph through the screen. And the wind created quite a drift on the neighbor's deck.There are thousands of cars stuck in drifts around the region. Some of the suburbs have declared travel for emergency vehicles only. Others say to stay home if travel is not essential.

3 comments:

hakucho said...

Oh, boy ...you got snow. Good luck digging out :) We got tons of rain...guess we lucked out ;)

Genuine Lustre said...

I am always slightly sad when church is cancelled. It seems that someone should be in that space reading God's Word, even if only one or two people are listening.

Rick said...

Polly,

We did! :-) I'm happy Marie's dad e-mails his sermons the day before service.