Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Deja Vu?

Well, It was darn close to a year ago that this happened, and this morning it happened again. Some differences...Rick woke up before I did. Last night, I didn't stay up too late to function well this morning, but I did take some Nyquil to help kick my cough and it took me a while to start thinking clearly.

I made Rick a ham sandwich and banana lunch then started looking around for the food bars he takes to work. Of course, we're out. And he probably will not get to stop at home before church tonight. And of course, there is no soup supper before services tonight. So I put some cereal bars and a pop tart in his bag. He may not be at top nourishment, but at least he will not starve. Oh, I say! I just remembered a single drumstick leftover in the refrigerator. I can put that into a container with some leftover boiled potatoes. That will be much more like it for a good lunch.

I got the extra food into Rick's bag just before he came downstairs to head off to work.

Next I'll concentrate of breakfast for the kids and for me. Dear Daughter will need to get her math lesson done before we head off to Latin. She needs to be done with all school before 2:30 this afternoon when we head off for her eye doctor appointment. Stay tuned... we'll see if she comes home with glasses one of these days.

Last night I knit 5 rows of lace, frogged seven rows of lace, and re-knit ten rows of lace. Alas, for where I could be (in the pattern) compared to where I am.

3 comments:

Scott said...

There is no church tonight. Thursday, Friday, and Sunday are enough.

:-)

Marie N. said...

Hi Scott,
Credit it to a (pick one)[Senior, Duh!, Nyquil, Sleepy-head] moment.

Marie N.

Gina said...

I think this could be the day for oversleeping. I did the same and rushed around like a crazy woman to get to work on time. I hope the day calms a bit for you.