What I have never understood is how many days are included in that coming in portion, and how many can be included in the going out?
I don't recall any significant weather either direction on the first or second.
The third was lamb-like and balmy! The kids got to enjoy recess outside for the first time in ages. We re-inflated all the basketballs and they worked on their skills.Yesterday the rain was gradually subject to cooler and cooler temps. By the time I was sitting on the couch with my knitting the Wednesday school closings were listed on a crawl on the bottom of the TV screen.
This morning, the list has grown exponentially due to the lion-like conditions. For the first time in ages a number of colleges and court houses are also closed due to the ice storm.The Artist's actual birthday is today. If they are open, we will still make it up to the library to get her library card.
Knitting updates: I have cast on for both Millicent socks, and completed the ribbing on both of them. And the Audrey cardigan is nearly complete. My fitting fears were alleviated when I tried it on to find where the buttons should go. But at that time I also decided I'd like to knit, felt and attach some shoulder pads into the garment. All that is needed are buttons and the shoulder pads. I have not looked for a shoulder pad pattern yet.


3 comments:
Happy Birthday to her!
I have never heard it any other way than "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb."
For what little that is worth.
I'm looking forward to seeing the finished garment. There's an older Knitty pattern that includes instructions for knitted shoulder pads: http://tinyurl.com/2fb5z4
March here came in like a lion, so I sure hope it goes out like a lamb. Typically it has been pretty darn cold around here even through the middle of June. Very unpredictable :)
Post a Comment