Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easter Eggs

I did the cop out this year.

The idea of boiling dyeing and drying Easter eggs with the kids was too daunting for me this year, when I'm trying to cut a great deal of stress. So I bought some candy and located the hoard of formerly useless plastic eggs in my attic.

Today the kids had a ball putting a surprise in each egg. There was more cooperation and fun in this activity than we've ever had with egg coloring before. Some other time we may be making some durable painted wood eggs we can use for years and years. This year I will miss the beautiful creations, but I will not miss two week old hard boiled eggs for breakfast, again.

2 comments:

hakucho said...

Will you leave out the eggs for the Easter Bunny to hide?

Anonymous said...

We never got around to coloring eggs either...shh don't tell the kids! They haven't said a word. With 5 kids that all want to color eggs, one dozen doesn't go far.
Sarah learned the hard way that a 5yo cant easily tell the difference between boiled and not. So last year after Easter, i purchased several different egg dyes. (most i got for .25) and whenever we boiled eggs, they would get to color them.