Friday, August 22, 2008

Boy's Crafts

I'm not much of a crafty person. My talents will never be confused with painting, drawing, and sculpting. While I can use scissors and glue, it is not often that I want to. For some reason I still find the craft stores fun to browse, even when I'm not in the knitting aisles.

Earlier this week the kids and I had an opportunity to go to a craft store with my Aunt. She is a real, true, genuine artist and shopping with her was fun. First, because she came into the store knowing exactly what she wanted. Second, she wanted those things because she was going the give the Artist an all day painting workshop.

The Engineer was not so keen on painting with his great aunt. He did get to pick out some things of his own, however. He got some watercolors and a coloring/activity book, and a sun catcher craft kit.Leave it up to his little eye to spy the sports themed sun catcher on the wall with all the flowers, hearts, rainbows and butterflies. It was the very last one.

When we got home and got the girls started on their workshop, he read all the directions aloud to me. Then he carefully filled the sections of the frame. That part held his interest longer than I expected it would. He was patient for the baking, but not for the cooling off. He could not wait to get the sun catcher in the window where Daddy could see it.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Looks fantastic, I am sure Daddy was very proud

Rick said...

Daddy was very proud. :-)

hakucho said...

Sounds like lots of fun! The sun catcher is very cool :)