Monday, August 18, 2008

Retirement Celebration

Yesterday our congregation celebrated my Dad's career with a retirement party. An enthusiastic group of people worked together to pull off this event, and I think it went without a hitch. The hall was beautiful, the food was great and the program was fantastic.
The Artist, the head Deacon and Dad's assistant Pastor all addressed the group. The Sunday School children did a catechism recitation for the event. Sorry for the blurry picture. I'm glad I was not the only photographer. My camera is acting up and giving me messages that files are empty and such. I'm hoping other people have better snaps of this that I took! The children with some um-pa-pa support from the pastors in attendance also sang a German song for Pastor Gross. I must mention, too, that our gifted organist and choir director composed a piece for the choir to sing for the occasion. It sounded lovely in church and the encore at the banquet was beautiful too. The program was rounded out with the group singing several of the hymns Dad has written over the years. His collection of hymns, mostly iambic pentameter, is called Five Feet from Cleveland.

2 comments:

Genuine Lustre said...

Awww. Looks like it was a special day. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!

hakucho said...

Very nice tribute to your Dad. Best wishes to him in his retirement :)