Hear the World is a game my mom had bought from Discovery Toys years ago. I'd guess 10 - 15 years ago.

Both of my children have enjoyed playing it with each other, alone, or with the family. Now the neighbor children I babysit a few days a week are enjoying the game too.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any place where this toy is still sold. However, it would not be too complicated for one to make his own version. The game box holds four cards, each with nine photos on them, an audio cassette (told ya it was old!) and ten each of four colors of chips.

One to four players may play. To begin, select a card and color of chip. Play the cassette, and listen to the sound. Can you identify it? Some are unmistakable, like the popping popcorn, crying baby, and thundering waterfall. Others like the dolphin or distinguishing herds of sheep from the cows take more concentration.

If you have the photo that corresponds to the sound on your card, place your chip on it. You can play for three in a row as in tic tac toe, four corners as in Bingo, play until a pre-set number of pictures are covered, or see who is first to cover their whole card.
I wonder if I can record the cassette sounds on a CD to make it more likely my grandchildren can enjoy this game!
1 comment:
It should be fairly easy to transfer to computer. From there, a CD is straightforward. I've got a couple of the patch cables you'd need to connect a tape-player to the sound-in on your PC. If the Academy's Principal doesn't have one, let me know.
Post a Comment