Monday, August 20, 2007

Busy Weekend

Twice in one week I've forgotten to bring my camera along on outings. I regret you're missing photos of Malley's Chocolates being created and the fun times at a picnic enjoyed with many of our home school friends at Liberty Farm.

Before the remnants of Tropical Storm Erin took up residence in Ohio, Rick and the kiddos got to have their annual camp out in the back yard. This was the Engineer's first time joining big sister and Dad. He was so excited he was jumping for joy as the test was being set up. You can see the electric grin and anticipating eyes in the photo above.

Rick told me in the morning that the Engineer was a chatterbox before he fell asleep -- something Rick had never witnessed before. From what I hear the Engineer mostly chatted about the stars and the clouds.

Our Friday, camping night, and Saturday were dry after several days of rain. Our busy day on Saturday meant the tent was not going to be put away until Sunday. But on Sunday Erin started pulling in to town.

Somehow I found a hole in the clouds. The steady rain stopped for about half an hour. In that time I was able to bring the tent into the Florida room. Most of the water dripped off out there, but this morning it is still not dry enough to put away. Now it is a rumpled heap in my basement sitting close to the dehumidifier. You can use your imagination, I won't picture that for you!

1 comment:

hakucho said...

My hushand and boys always camped out in our backyard, too.Our tent kept getting worse and worse every year and harder and harder to put up. We never replaced it and now they're not at all interested in doing that sort of thing anymore.