Now the sweater, knit from the hemline up in the round, looks like a floppy cylinder with half of one side taller than the rest. I've battled through pulling stitches off the stitch holders while trying to remove lifelines. I've also been thankful those lifelines are in place as I've needed to go back to them a couple of times!
I'm looking ahead to more projects with one eye. That's not a good sign, as this sweater has given me some rough moments with two eyes trained on it. Maybe a short respite will be all that is required. My friend accidentally roasted one of the cast-iron pan handle covers I knit for her. If I put this sweater down to make another one I'll get to practice the twined knitting technique again.


1 comment:
Wow, that is one fabulous sweater. You get a A+ in my book for all that you've done all ready! Sometimes you do need a break....that pot handle cover sounds good to me...and then you'll be ready to finish this masterpiece. I sure love those beautiful cables!
Post a Comment