Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Look at What They are Doing!

Two blogs I enjoy have some interesting things going on in current posts. I thought I'd use my small web voice to spread the word.
Die Steppdecken des Quilter is having a contest. You can click here to read about it and view the selection of prizes. Which one would you choose if you were to win? Hurry! September 15th will be here before you know it!

While I'm not the greenest, most environmentally-minded person out there, I certainly do not condone waste of raw materials or finished products. There is no good stewardship in waste.

That is why I was curious when Hakucho first began writing about knitted shopping bags. She has had several posts on this project. Each of them has held my interest and made me want to knit a shopping bag or two for myself.

I'll begin with the most dramatic of the shopping bag posts--you have to see these photos! If that has piqued your interest, you can get the pattern. For details about how to make the yarn, see the June 6th entry.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Thank you for the links. It's always fun to discover a new blog or link.

hakucho said...

Thanks for the "plug" :)

Genuine Lustre said...

When Liddy was a baby I made a slew of cloth shopping bags. They saw a lot of use until the stores went to the carousel systems. Need to get them back out. My bags made the cashiers angry. They would give a big disgusted sigh........some store give some money off if you bring your own bag.