Until 3:58 a.m. (Not laughing at the irony here). I heard a noise and felt the house shake, as if someone had pulled a door shut downstairs with a little too much force. I was also somehow aware that a police car pulled up in front of the house.
Well, I was awake now, and a bit miffed that here I was, awake at 4:00 a.m. again. So I headed downstairs to check the doors, the child, the sensor lights and my peace of mind.
As I looked out the bedroom window I realized there was no police car, especially not the one I imagined. It looked remarkably like the police cars in Strangers on a Train, the 1951 movie I'd begun watching before I went to bed.
Everything checked out okay. I was so awake, I briefly considered going back to picking up stitches for the collar on Rick's sweater. But I decided against it and opted for finishing my night's sleep.


No comments:
Post a Comment