Monday, August 06, 2007

Paperwork

August is the month in which I need to plan my school year, fill out the paperwork the state requires and send it in to the school district. I completed my rough draft on Friday and now I need to get it ready to mail.For the first time, I'll have two grade school students at home.

Trying to follow the recommendations in The Well Trained Mind and have time for both students is a puzzle to me now. I'm trying to organize a schedule and not having much success. Once again there will be much more let's see how it goes in the schedule than I would prefer.

Soon I'll be off to the office supply store to look for an appointment calendar for the Artist. She will need to keep herself on track and working her subjects on time more this year. Mostly because she is of the age when she should be doing so, but also because the Engineer is a first grader and I'll be spending a good bit of the school day at his elbow or next to him on the sofa as we explore his subjects together.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Good luck. I'm sure this can be the most nerve-racking part -- to sort it all out and then write it all down.

Anonymous said...

After all of that organisation you deserve the thrill of visiting the stationery shop...or am I the only one who enjoys buying paper and pens?

Oh, I like your tea pots in the previous post.

hakucho said...

I am in awe of you homeschooling. Quite the undertaking. I don't know if I would ever have been able to it...my boys are all too stubborn in nature ;)

Lots of luck!