Today my needles are sad and lonely, missing their frequent companion, Slinky. And the people in our house are sad and missing her too.
I took our kitty to the veterinary emergency clinic late Saturday night. It became apparent she was increasingly uncomfortable and finding it difficult to move. The problem we thought she was having with a hairball must be something else, something more critical. An exam revealed an enlarged bladder. Next, X-rays showed a bladder stone blockage. We'll miss her purr and her play
the little bell on her collar and the begging for treats
the berating we would receive coming in the door after leaving her alone
almost tripping over her on the stairs and making sure she doesn't get outside
her peaceful snoozing in sunny windows or warm lamplight
the way she would tell us it was time for breakfast
and the affection she showed mostly to me.


10 comments:
Oh Marie, I'm so sorry - that is so hard. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
It is so sad when a warm fuzzy constant companion dies. I'm sorry that Slinky's family is sad.
I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. Losing a pet is so hard.
We made a stepping stone with bits of glass and rocks when our dog died. The kids laughed as we talked about all the funny things she did while we were making it.
Awwww - she'll be missed. I always loved that lampshade picture - wasn't that a caption contest?
If you need a new kitten, let me know......several new litters in the neighborhood here.
Thank you all for your sympathies.
Kim, The stepping stone sounds like a great idea, something to remember your pup by.
Mrs. Macaodhagain, what a sharp memory! Yes, the lampshade photo was a caption contest. Rick and I have decided to give it six-months to a year before we venture to take in a pet again.
It's so hard to lose a pet. :(
So sorry...never easy losing a loved one, human or animal :(
sorry to hear about Slinky! :o(
I am sorry to hear that you had to put down your cat. I know how sad that is.
We had to do this with our beloved 17yo dog some years ago and it was so very hard on the whole family. My deepest sympathies to you all.
Post a Comment