Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Field Trip Review

The Plain Dealer tour got rave reviews from my friends. They were pleased with their tour guide, and reported he was equally pleased with the two eager students who answered all his questions correctly. When the Artist came home and the guests left I had her write a paragraph for her field trip binder. I think she learned a lot. She was fascinated by the robots that move the large rolls of paper around. The tour guide gave lots of information about the history of the newspaper and her paragraph reflected that she took most of it in. She cannot recall what this machine is that she's next to, but I liked the photo anyway.

When the Engineer is old enough for this tour (you must be at least eight years old) I'd like to go again. I think he would enjoy it quite a bit too.

At Malley's I left with some questions answered and more questions raised! Our tour was self-guided. My girlfriend and I took advantage of all the placards to read, but the information led us to new questions. Watching all the equipment was fascinating, though. And I was amazed by the tremendous variety of custom products they make for weddings, showers, retirement parties, and so on.

I also left with a small bag of the most wonderful treats. My favorite caramels, some cherry cheesecake truffles for the Artist, a chocolate frog for the Engineer and some treats for Rick too.

After taking Monday and Tuesday off the construction crews are back at work today. After taking the time to yell angrily at each other loudly enough to alarm my children they have begun sawing holes in the new asphalt they laid last week. I cannot wait for this to be done.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Road work crews must be the same the world over. Without fail every time a road is newly sealed they come back a little while later and cut holes in it. Perhaps they accidentally bury things under the road, like their car keys or phones and come back looking for them.