Thursday, December 07, 2006

Buttons

A blog friend looking for a button prompted me to visit my button box. Here are some of the more unique buttons I have around. Some of these my mom had before I kept a button box of my own. With a broken sewing machine in the back of my closet, it is unlikely I will ever need one of these. Gina, if any strike your fancy email me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

MarieN!

I always hated fractions. Too much inverting and multiplying.

What's the answer to the problem pictured? I give up.

Marie N. said...

Hi Scottuis, it is not a problem :-)

I want to offer a button to a friend and I'm not sure what she has in mind or what size she needs.

Gina said...

LOL! I like how the mathematically-minded thought you'd put some sort of problem "on the board". Should I not find one at Yarn Central this evening, I think the 1&1/8" one at the top would be perfect. This is so kind of you!
We shall see what the yarn store holds...

Anonymous said...

I really like those two soft blue ones. I thik I have something similar in a soft green.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love vintage buttons. So pretty and unique!

Anonymous said...

MarieN!

Sorry. What you did is a nice gesture and a smart way to figure it out.

But being the obsessive compulsive person I am, I'm still "working the problem" that I keep seeing every time I see that photo.

Amy said...

You have some lovely ones there :)

Babette said...

My little girls (7 and 13) cherish their button collections. I love shell buttons.

Blessed Advent, Marie!

skatey katie said...

i like the funky blue ones :o)