An unexpected change in our family schedule eliminated the three hours privacy the Quipper used to have at home each Wednesday. So the gift idea was made known to me. Now I'll do what I can to get the kids out of the house (or early to bed) so he can have the time and the quiet to get the work done. Perhaps for Mother's Day or our anniversary I'll have the gift of music. I cannot wait!
While I was trying not to listen last night, I started the front of my sweater for the third time.
This time, I am moving the lifeline every four to six rows, and as soon as I get tired I'm putting it away. Unless I lock my self in a room until the work is done (0% chance!!!) it will not be done for my birthday, but I am still hoping to get it done for Christmas. (50% chance, I think). We shall see.I finished one of the sleeves so I could get a look at how the variegated yarn patterned itself on those shorter rows. I am pleased, there is not a significant change in the color pattern compared to the back, in the lower photo. The color change on the screen is on account of the camera. The carpet is the same in both photos! I have a lot to learn yet about this camera.

So two parts are done, one sleeve, the front, and a neck band to go. Then I'll get my first experience with blocking. I'm looking forward to it.


10 comments:
That will be a very special gift, Marie! When you're done with your current project, see if your husband wants this scarf. It fits in very well with what we were joking around about after church last night!
trying not to listen????
p-f-f-f-f-t-t-t-t-t!!!!!!!!!!!!
what a gorgeous prezzy tho huh.
Wow, now that's the *best* Christmas present a girl could ask for! Your knitting project is looking lovely.
Oops, I meant to sign my name. It's Amy from Amid Chaos. Blogger has decided my password doesn't exsist...on every single blog I try to comment on :(
You are a good wife who knits pretty sweaters.
Now, that's a special gift! The sweater is looking great!
That's a very special gift..Gorgeous...
Your knitting project is looking wonderful
The yarn knitting up so pretty, and I think the color changes are so lovely and subtle. Good idea about the lifelines and putting knitting down when you are tired. I've royally messed up a garter stitch scarf when tired.
It's beautiful so far, post pictures when it's finished. I love knitting but only do it in rapid bursts here and there. Thanks for the visit and comment.
Good luck with not listening. It will be something very special when its done. The sweater looks great. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment