Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Leftovers Lunch

We enjoyed a nice quiet family holiday Christmas day and it continues today as the Quipper was able to take a vacation day.

The adults got to sleep in, but as you can imagine there was no chance of the kids doing so! When I came downstairs this is how I found the kids. The Engineer had invited his sister to join him and play with his new marble run. She was excited to join in the fun. He is also sporting his new cowboy hat.
Today we had leftovers for lunch. This is not unusual at all in our house. Christmas dinner leftovers are making our luncheon quite eccentric. There are small amounts of some items and lots of others. On the menu:

smoked salmon
artichoke salad
shrimp with home made cocktail sauce
candied dates and pineapple
honeyed carrots
Swiss cheese fondue
various assorted cheeses
cookies, tortes and cakes

Yesterday I had many generous helpers in the kitchen helping me clean. So today it seems like the refrigerator is filled with lots of mystery boxes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture is a classic. It's one your kids will look at nostalgically when they're grown, and show to their kids. It might well have been taken in 1955. It's classic America at its best. Happy kids playing with their toys on the day after Christmas.

Amy said...

I love those lunchtime leftovers!

Aren't those marble runs great? My children had something similar that was loved to death. Friends of ours have that exact same set and my boys played with it for hours.

Mrs. Britty said...

Aww, the cowboy hat looks so cute on him!

Thanks again for having us over and for the generous gift. I had a wonderful time with everyone.