But as I was going through the photos on my camera I realized there was some evidence of zaniness around here lately. My poor mother-in-law did suffer a broken foot. As she is unable to drive I am spending more time with her household's errands and the Artist will be spending much more time at grandma's house to help with housework, and baking. The Engineer will be having his most intensive school days yet!
But back to the "evidence".
When Daddy was out of town for work the Engineer thought he could drop his table manners. This child never ever likes to get his hands dirty. He does not like to touch his food. Here he is rebelling against my telling him to put food on his fork and put his fork into his mouth.
I've never seen him do this before or since. I don't think he knows I saw him "eat like a piggie" and he certainly does not know the moment was captured on film. When he gets older he is the type would be very embarrassed by this photo!When Daddy arrived home again the Artist had a friend over for Tae Kwon Do and knitting practice. They took a break and that turned into a real drag...
...a real drag across the living room and dining room floors. I forgot to ask the Quipper if he had any sore muscles in his legs this morning! Dad, Do you remember when my brother and I would beg you for Foot-Rides around the house? Maybe it is genetic.Despite my busier-than-expected schedule this December, I would still like to get some Christmas baking done. It is at this time of year that I look up near the ceiling of my kitchen and find this delightful Küchenhexe.
My baking needs all the help it can get! She was a gift from my aunt and uncle many years ago. I love her apron, her garters on her arms, and her little boots.


5 comments:
I love that witch, Marie.
I used to have one, but it wasn't nearly that Bavarian looking.
Marie,
No, my legs didn't hurt the next morning. They hurt today. OUCH!
my grandma used to have a kitchen which, it was an accual witch, with broom and everything that a witch has.
That is a great kitch witch! I need to find myself one to inspire all thing of a kitchen nature in me.
She is so cute! I to need to get my baking done...I have finals to write and then I can get that done.
Post a Comment