Saturday, December 30, 2006

Good News!

I forgot to share some good news a few days ago! On the 26th I spoke with my cousin in the greater New Orleans area. He and his family were able to move back into their home just before Christmas. The house had come a long way from what they saw when they first returned home after the storm:
When I spoke to him, a workman was there installing shelving in the closets. My cousin had been up late Christmas night painting trim to prepare for the shelving installation.

This link shows some photos I took in the city in May 2006, 8+ months after the storm.

From these 2003 photos you get an idea how vulnerable the neighborhood is to countless hours of windswept walls of water. It is very odd to be taking digital photos of photo prints in my album!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is good news! How wonderful to hear it.

Amy said...

That's great news!!!