The last evening that I sat knitting that sleeve, I was second guessing myself on the way the yarn looks with the pattern and my ability to follow the pattern. These third thoughts, if you will, convinced me, finally. I need to look for a new pattern. This one has lost its joy for me.
The knitting hiatus was short lived. During the Browns game (speaking of the Browns-- Who Knew?!?!? Where has the team that showed up yesterday been hiding?) I made this gauge swatch:
I'll take it as a good omen that the first needles I tried worked out perfectly. During the game I got a good start on the back panel of this sweater.
As the Quipper is out of town this week, I hope to get the back and front done. After my last fiasco, this seems like a walk in the park. Now that I have committed that thought to print, I suppose I should begin my next knitting session with adding a life line.In other news: My friend in Colorado has sent me a video of her brother-in-law's music, The Fervor. I thoroughly enjoy this kind of music. I'm a technical nincompoop and I have two youngsters begging for lunch so I will not try to insert the YouTube into my post. But the Quipper has added it to his entertainment blog here: Quipper Entertainment.


3 comments:
Excellent progress. What green cardigan?
If it first (second, third!) you don't succeed, put it away, and try something else. Looking forward to seeing the new sweater.
Your new sweater looks very comfortable! The yarn appears soft. I hope you get lots of knitting done this week!
Post a Comment