Friday, December 29, 2006

Dinner Dance

The Quipper's email is abuzz with Running in Circles band members comparing and revising set lists for the New Year's Eve gig, a fundraiser for an area Catholic High School's booster club.

It seems the bar and nightclub set lists contain some songs not normally associated with Catholic high schools! I'm sure it will all work out and everyone will have a good time.

Of course, I have fun listening to them and I don't know the words to more than a phrase or two for 95% of the songs. Any chance most of the attendees at the fundraiser will be in the same boat as me?

I am looking forward to hearing some songs in their repertoire that are usually cut or late enough in the third set that I miss them: Dancing With Myself, Jenny Jenny, I Want You to Want Me, Jesse's Girl, and Don't Change. Yes, I am musically stuck in the 1980's (except for the part of me stuck in the 40's).

1 comment:

Babette said...

Quipper is magnanimously ecumenical.

It's probably better than being stuck in the 18th and 19th centuries, as I am.