Friday, April 20, 2007

Crunch Time

This morning I made a report card for the Artist. Her Tae Kwon Do instructor gives academic achievement patches for the students to wear on their uniforms when they have good report cards.As I look through the volume of work the Artist completed in the last quarter, I can see we have indeed been busy. Still, the number of pages remaining in the math book, the biography reading I had planned for her, and the time the history project is taking all seem to be consipiring against me and I am feeling the crunch.

The kids have begin asking to go to the park and the sunshine makes me want to say yes, but the school work yet to be done is daunting.

I will need to exercise much more self-discepline when planning the schedule for next year. There must be a balance between what is necessary and what I want them to have. I will be teaching first and fifth grades and I'll have many more demands on my time. The Artist can do more for herself, but the Engineer will need my attention for much of his school day.

None of us likes the idea of continuing the school year through June.

2 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I'm glad we're not the only ones, anyway. :(

Gina said...

I am so fascinated with home schooling -- the topics (German, Latin, etc.) and the sheer force of will required to wrangle children even when all you might want to do is hide under the covers for a few more hours. Hats off!