Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Heavy Equipment

Remember Tonka trucks? What fun for young children! Especially the yellow construction equipment (forget those plastic toys).

When we took our trip to Florida in February I drove past the US Headquarters of JCB Construction Equipment. It was a pleasant diversion to look at the display of equipment on their grounds. I drive for a few hours with my family sleeping and hoping the good radio station I had going would not give out on me.

That's when I came upon a giant's landscape with giant boy's toy trucks artfully arranged to show off what each piece of equipment could do. I thought it looked like a fun place to get some photos, but I opted instead to keep both hands on the wheel and let my family sleep.

On the drive home I had another opportunity. These photos, taken at speeds somewhere between 65 and 75 mph, do not begin to do justice to the real thing.

The sight broke the monotony of the road and kept me going safely till Rick woke up from his nap.

1 comment:

Babette said...

Keep on truckin', Marie!