Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Plodding Along

I used to move along fairly quickly on my knitting projects. Not any more! Perhaps because I have taken the difficulty of my projects up a notch (or two) I am not completing things as quickly as before.

At the moment, I think every project I have planned is labeled as "tangy" or has the "complicated" warning. Another factor is the step up in quality control, inspired by Dances With Wool, that I'm endeavoring to hold myself to. Other contributors include my trying to get to bed earlier this year than last year, and I'm keeping up with my treadmill workouts.

I'm nearly (but not quite) to the point on the Pomatomus socks where I can begin the toe decreases. Then the socks will speed along. So I'm looking ahead to what I will tackle next. I have this Trellis toddler sweater in the on-deck circle. More swatching to determine needle size is needed.

Aside: I've seen a few of these Trellis sweaters on various blogs. My yarn is a creamy white, similar to the color pictured on the link to the Knitty.com site. I'm not sure what kind of buttons to use here, but I'm leaning toward wooden ones. Any suggestions?

After that the line-up contains a toddler Sky and Leaves sweater from Thumb Knitting. This one has directions I don't understand. I can see myself using lots of practice yarn trying to get that one right.

It has been months since I asked Rick to pick a color for, Amhra'n Gra', his next sweater. Long enough, in fact, for me to save the money to buy the yarn, order it, and receive it. How much longer will these plans languish in my knitting queue?

The most distant item I see on my horizon is another pair of knee socks, they are so far in the distance they are still like a dream. But the Millicent knee sock pattern is in a pile of papers on my desk waiting. They are shown in bright pink in the link. I think I'll use a bright burgundy.

The Artist's pink bunny is coming along. The ears are ready to attach and the tail is somewhere in the pale pink ball of yarn waiting for the needles to craft it.

3 comments:

Scribbit said...

What a cute bunny in the making--I'm posting one I made a few years back later in the week, but I think you've got me beat in cuteness :)

Gina said...

I always need to see the garment knit up and then place buttons on it to make the final decision. As someone once told me -- buying buttons without a garment is like buying a hat without a head.

Lotzastitches said...

Your bunny is looking good!

I've got to sew two (the knitting has been done for probably a year) for my mom and dad. They've been waiting very patiently for these bunnies to reproduce.