Monday, April 16, 2007

Pieces

This weekend Rick, the kids and I enjoyed a quiet weekend together. We had a few errands to run on Saturday and Rick planned to take us out to dinner for a surprise.

We shared a wonderful appetizer and we each had a plate of crab legs. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed those! The crab we catch for crab boils in Louisiana don't have much leg meat. I reminisced how my brother once took a crab claw in his lunch box to school! He enjoyed showing all the kids in his class how the tendon operated the claw. Now the Artist is enjoying something similar. So here is the first piece of my weekend:Saturday night Rick got the hankering to do a puzzle. We made the mistake of not beginning until 9 p.m. Somewhere around 12:30 this morning we go the last two pieces in place. It was the other 998 pieces that had us hung up for a while!
And speaking of things being hung up -- it is so nice to be able to hang up a bath towel after using it! Two more pieces of the new bathroom are in place. Yesterday we hung a mirror and a towel bar. We are excited -- two steps closer to being done and the last piece (wall cabinet) should be coming in next week.Finally, when the puzzle was making me cross-eyed I took a break to do some knitting. I'm working piecemeal on the Trellis toddler sweater on the Knitty dot com site. I started with the sleeves, hoping I'd get the hang of it there. When working on the second sleeve I did discover I had misread a note in the pattern (I made the sleeve boarder in seed stitch instead of pearl stitches) but I am not unhappy with the result. So I made the second sleeve to match the first and I think I will keep these sleeves. I'll know for certain when it comes time to attach them to the back and front.

5 comments:

Genuine Lustre said...

We are getting ready to gut the kids bathroom and start over. Can't wait!

Gina said...

I'm giggling that you turned to a small cabled sweater when your eyes crossed from doing puzzles.

Marie N. said...

Hi Gina,

I did go back and forth between the two all weekend.

Scottius Maximus said...

MarieN!

I once caught crab boils. It was a very long weekend. But after two doctor's visits, I'd learned my lesson.

Babette said...

Your family is a productive bunch, indeed!