Friday, April 06, 2007

Beating the Drum

This is the exciting opening day of a new season for the Cleveland Indians. As I write, the grounds crew is scraping ice from the outfield. The Artist is outside trying to catch the big snowflakes in her mouth.But all is well, John Adams and his drum are at Jacob's Field. The new season is up and running, and the hearts of the fans are warm. Click on the link!!! This is a special photo.

I love to hear the interviews on the radio with Mr. John Adams. He has been bringing his drum to Indians games for the last 34 years. He attends about 80 home games a year to cheer on the crowds these days. In the days when there were no crowds he led the drumbeat for the faithful few.

2 comments:

Babette said...

Now that's a loyal fan!

I love the photo of the Artist catching snowflakes. Do you make maple sugar snow ala Laura Ingalls Wilder?

Barb the Evil Genius said...

They even gave out a John Adams bobble-hand drum player last year, didn't they?