At last! The
Pomatomus Socks are finished and I was able to show them off to my extended family for a few minutes on Sunday. They are a work of art indeed.

I'm not sure I did them justice, but I did learn a lot in knitting them up. I still need practice in keeping my
stitches even with lace. I had the biggest problem keeping an even tension when
beginning or ending a needle with a yarn over.

Somewhere after a toddler sweater and a man's sweater I have another pair of socks in my knitting queue. These, like the
Pomatomus, were also designed by Cookie A. I found them with the help of
Dances With Wool, who led me to this
website. I was wowed by the designs! Lover of knee-socks that I am, I had to try one. I bought this
Milicent pattern and I'll see how I can handle it, um, er, hopefully before summer's end ??? -- Who knows how long the "Tangy" toddler and "Complicated" man's sweater will take me.
Also over the weekend it came to my attention that Honey needed some pajamas. She has been sleeping in her clothes all this time. I found
this pattern by Dawn
Adcock on the web. The pattern was very clearly written and easy to follow.

I was not sure I'd have enough bits of yarn to complete the project in a solid color so I made the skirt and collar in gray. Honey, and the Artist were both pleased.
As a follow-up to
my tribute to Tribe fan
John Adams, I heard on the sports news this morning that Mr. Adams and his drum were being flown to Milwaukee for the Cleveland Indians home-away-from-home games against the Angels. As Indians announcer Tom Hamilton would say, "How About That!"
6 comments:
Those are completely gorgeous! I love'em! You did a beautiful job.
That's great that they'd do that for John.
Wow! That's really intricate work.
Love the pretty socks and the beautiful ballet feet!
Honey looks well-loved.
Your socks are gorgeous! I think you did them justice.
Love your socks!
The doll dress is very cute also!
Post a Comment