Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Different Kind of Astronomy Viewing

The Engineer is a visual learner. And he has demonstrated that he learns well from videos. He showed us this when he repeated his times tables to us at age three and one-half. He watched the Artist's multiplication video along with her enough times to pick it up.

At this early hour he is at it again, this time with his new favorite, the Standard Deviants' Astronomy Adventure. As you can witness here, he is engrossed. Here is what he is enjoying: How will I ever keep up? ( Answer: I will not.)
Do you see why we nicknamed him the Engineer?

7 comments:

hakucho said...

Wow, if he loves this kind of stuff now while he's so little ... he's certainly got a really good future ahead of him :)

My Engineer son was an ok student in high school, but now that he's studying engineering he is really loving it and doing well. My head spins when I see what he's working on.

Good for you being able to teach him all this interesting stuff...for him the sky's the limit, well maybe ;)(beyond maybe)

Aaron.D.Nemoyer said...

I can see why you call him The Engineer now, but now I wonder: why not Einstein? ;) :)

Gina said...

Oh good luck. I got a headache looking at that "stuff". I definitely a "verbal" person.

Marie N. said...

Sir N., Ostricizer of Olives, he has not earned the Einstein title. But he is excellent at repeating the facts he is learning. He likes the geography, astronomy and Mighty Mouse DVDs best.

Babette said...

How thrilling! I love the video title, and the look on Engineer's face. Look out, world!

I have never been able to keep up with my children's learning. That is one of my proudest (but not too proud!) accomplishments. ;~)

Genuine Lustre said...

Oh no - these kids make me feel so unworthy!

Marie N. said...

Favorite Apron,
Me Too!!!