Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Slow Sweater

The sweater I'm making for Rick is slowly but surely coming along. The Swish Superwash by Knitpicks feels nice and is very easy on the hands.
The pattern is complicated. There are three cable patterns repeated several times around the trunk of the sweater. Later, when I get to the sleeves I'll learn three more patterns. The patterns are complicated in that the first completes a pattern repeat in four rows, the second in eight rows and the third in six rows. When they are all working together I need to knit 24 rows to get the whole picture. At around half an hour per row...you can see why I have not had much to show since May 21st when I introduced it. Right now, it is almost 13.5 inches long. Tonight or tomorrow I'll be jumping the track I'm on and learning how to increase for under arm gussets.

4 comments:

Lutheran Lucy said...

That is going to be a beautiful sweater Marie! I wish I could knit, but I am content with making jewelry. I will have to put some pictures of it on my blog sometime! Have fun knitting! :)

Gina said...

The pattern is lovely. It will be worth the effort. Thanks for the info on Swish. It's always nice to find quality yarns at a good price.

hakucho said...

Just beautiful. Can't wait to see it finished, but I know a difficult pattern like this will not be a quick knit.

happy knitting :)

Anonymous said...

I imagine this jumper will last for years, traditional cable patterns, lovingly made, often do. Perhaps we'll see the engineer in it in twenty years time.