Yesterday the children learned about using a cross-walk to cross the street. They also had an art project, a roadway scene with a child crossing the street in a cross-walk.
Today they will get to go outdoors and ride big wheels around the little town. They will get to practice using a cross walk in the town, stopping and going at the appropriate times with the traffic lights, and I'm sure playing in the play houses.
I was most worried about leaving him because of his introverted personality and desire to be with Mom. Thankfully, my worry was needless. I think I'd prepared him well enough by showing him the classroom facility and the town the week before and by explaining numerous times over the past week that he was big enough to be at Safety Town without Mommy. He was super and he enjoyed himself.


3 comments:
I'm so glad he's enjoying this - what a cutie pie he is. I remember attending when I was that age.
Another step towards independence -- hooray for the Engineer....and also Mom : )
Emily enjoyed ST when she was younger. Unfortunately, they student teachers were talking about things 5yo didn't need to hear! So when it was Jacobs turn, we decided not to send him. When it was Timothy's time, i had heard they revised the program and he went and had a great time! Since then we have elected a new mayor that has cut most programs for children and senior's. Safety Town being one of them.....
Post a Comment