Last week
Isabella in the 21st Century showed me a way to meet a need in my kitchen. Rick and I had been given many of these kitchen hand towels as wedding shower gifts.
But, as you can imagine, after 16 years of use they were well worn and never looked clean any more, even when fresh from laundering.

Isabella gave some great links and I plan to try many of them. I have at least six towels that are ready for the trash bin as soon as I can replace them. They are so threadbare, they would be ineffective as cleaning rags.
So far, I've completed only one. I am very pleased with it.

This one is the Reverse Diamond Towel from
Dish Cloth Boutique. I did not have enough of a single color to complete the towel, so there is some improvisation in my sample.
6 comments:
Great job! I need to start knitting some towels and wash clothes!
Very nice!
We've celebrated 19 years of marriage this past May...our hand towels (kitchen and bath) are also VERY worn and threadbare. I've never given much thought to hand towel knitting. Hmmm....
Looks good! We've only been married 14 years but we've gone through a lot of kitchen towels, bath towels, etc. as well.
Wouldn't that make a lovely shower gift along with wash cloths to match?
You made one! I like the colours. They work really well...even the DH says so!
Oh, I ditto Presbytera's comment, I think a whole set would make a great gift. Did you see the patterns for the pot holders?
Very nice towel...gee that would look nice in my kitchen!
Post a Comment