Friday, June 01, 2007

Iris

Thank you all for the nice things you wrote about my Baby Knits! I do appreciate it.

The other day I drove into my driveway and looked over at my flowers. These iris jumped out at me. Probably because the Cleveland Cavaliers had just won their second playoff game against Detroit and I was listening to sports talk on the radio at the time.

The Cavaliers have undergone several team color changes over the decades. In 2003 they had yet another change, bringing back the original wine and gold albeit with changes. I like the wine and gold much more than the black, orange and blue, or the orange and blue that they have worn since the early 1980's.

Speaking of the Cavaliers, last night they won a hard-fought game. I hope they win five more games this year -- that would make Rick and most of Cleveland nearly burst with excitement.

Anyway, this is just a long, rambling way to say "Hey! My flowers are the Cavaliers colors!"

I'm really glad I don't have orange and blue iris invading my flower beds.

4 comments:

Scottius Maximus said...

MarieN!

Nice game last night. Could this be the year?

I always hate it when sports teams change colors. Where's the tradition in that?

I also once had some rogue iris that used to jump out at me when I walked by. Now I just tie them down.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Downtown is really going to be an exciting place to be tomorrow night, isn't it?

Babette said...

Go LeBron! But, please don't tell my Michigan relatives that I'm hoping your team wins, Marie.

Magic Johnson was a SPARTAN and played high school b-ball in my town, as well.

Presently, we have our own driveway team. Is that what Scottius is working toward? ;~)

Cheryl said...

Due to our Houston roots, we were pulling for the Rockets, but they blew it early. Good luck to your Cavaliers!