Monday, May 21, 2007

Newest Knit

My sometimes nimble (often times befuddled) fingers have been getting quite the workout lately. I have finally started the Knit Picks sweater Rick chose, Amhra'n Gra (Love Song).

Unfortunately I did not take careful enough heed of the warning that the set up rows are tricky. After I had knitted an inch and one-half I realized there was not only an error in the stitches, but I had a twist in the loop. And I thought I had been so careful.

The worst part of ripping back and casting on 234 stitches again was knowing that each round had taken me one half hour to knit. The entire ripping and re-winding of the ball and collecting the stitch markers that indicate a pattern change took about six minutes.

After a few days I have little to show. Funny, when I asked Rick if he wanted to try it on--He laughed!
I'll need to buy some more stitch markers before long. Soon more cable patterns will be added into the mix.

Rick is off to Florida for a week this morning. He left a nice gift behind for me.

4 comments:

Babette said...

Love is in the air!

Gina said...

What a lovely gift! Great color.
All of those stitch markers are giving me a headache.

Anonymous said...

Wow! My head is spinning. You need a very stoical attitude to rip back and start again.

Marie N. said...

Isabella, I like the way you say that -- it's nicer than what I was thinking to thinking to myself, "I must have a screw loose upstairs!"