You asked, so I'mm letting you know:
1. I hate camping. I've been camping twice and that was enough. Now we have a tent so Rick and the kids can sleep in the back yard.
2. I enjoy eating at fancy linen table cloth restaurants. But in a pinch I've been known to scale, gut, fillet and saute bait fish. (see no. 1).
3. From the time I was aware of cats and dogs I have wanted to have a cat. Now I do.
4. I am not particularly fond of chocolate (more for all of you!).
5. I long to be the gardener and homemaker my mother was. I long to be Broadway show attendee my maternal grandmother was. I long to be the cook my paternal grandmother was.
6. My grandparents took me on a three-week cruise to Scandinavia when I was five. I was the passenger who was not a senior citizen. I'll never forget the fjords or the way I won all the contests on board. I still have not had the opportunity to shoot skeet from the back of a ship like the gentlemen did or wear ball gowns every night for three weeks like the ladies did. Hmmmm, "Honey...".
7. Rick and I hiked Bright Angel Trail in the Grand Canyon on foot on our honeymoon. It was a glorious, exhausting day nearly 16 years ago.
Image of Bright Angel Trail from Grand Canyon Visitor Info web site.

5 comments:
I like the contrast of skills -- fancy linens and gutting fish! Hey, a gal can't limit herself!
You are a renaissance woman, Marie!
The Artist will want to be the knitwear designer/ballet dancer/hat afficianado that her mother is.
I hate camping too....I am becoming profoundly aware of the fact that I don't believe its a vacation without clean sheets and someone else making the food.
clean sheets, hot shower, electricity, and someone else making the food. :)
Post a Comment