Also over the weekend, the Engineer enjoyed a fajita. He made it himself. He rolled one noodle and one piece of chunked pineapple into his tortilla. We all hid our smirks. By the way, this happened at bd's Mongolian Barbeque. It is a fun experience, though it can get a little noisy at times. The kids loved being able to select all the ingredients for their meals.
We have more food foibles to divulge.
The artist likes Tabasco sauce on her macaroni and cheese.
Rick and his brother, as teens, would add Hershey's cocoa mix and chocolate chips to their scrambled eggs and omelets. :-x
My mother taught me to love stove-popped popcorn dressed with soy sauce and a liberal sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. So far I'm doing a fair job of passing the love along, the Artist likes the popcorn with the soy sauce, but she can do without the cheese.
Now what about you? What do you enjoy eating that may raise my eyebrows?


11 comments:
Hmmm...radish and butter sandwiches in my luch growing up. Now I eat A1 steaksauce on nearly anything.
I like to dip french fries into chocolate shakes.
My dh puts hot sauce on everything including his mac and cheese :)
Rick and his brother, as teens, would add Hershey's cocoa mix and chocolate chips to their scrambled eggs and omelets. :-x
Yikes! I'll have to ask about this one!
Hi Brittany,
I'm left wondering they did this when mom was not home? I don't imagine she enjoyed that particular dish herself.
My DH and one of our sons like ranch and bacon bits in their mac and cheese, DH likes ketchup in him chicken noodle soup (or tabasco), I used to eat cheese and pickle sandwiches as a kid, and this one makes me cringe, my SIL's ex-husband eats dill pickle and peanut butter sandwiches. The last one I am not quite sure of, it kinda scares me. LOL
Brit and Marie,
We didn't do it when mom wasn't home, we did it before she was awake. :-)
Marie,
You forgot to mention the name of the Engineer's fajita, the name that almost made you cough on your drink...the Pinenoodle Fajita.
When I lived at home, I like fried bologna and peanut butter sandwiches. Haven't had one since and probably never will again.
I also used to occasionally sneak a dry spoonfull of nestle's quik out of the canister. But when you hear mom coming, there is a tendency to hurry and inhale......not a good thing.
My mother loves to dip potato chips into yogurt. I love french fries and gravy.
My dad loves peanutbutter/sandwich spread sandwiches. gag.
I don't see the problem with the following, but other noses have been turned up at my:
Homemade summer sausage (smoked but not cooked) on buttered bread. Not mayo. Butter.
Of course, I salt my watermelon.
And my all-time favorite: bologna gravy. My mom didn't have dried-beef, so she made the white sauce and added bologna. We loved it, so from then on she made it on purpose. Every so often I get a craving....hmmm, do I have any bologna on hand.....
Speaking of childhood foods - when I eat a cold-meat sandwich, I still eat the crusts all the way around and then smash it flat so that the bread is kind of doughy. That's not really too weird tho, is it??????
Hi Designated Knitter,
My Dad has always salted his melons, watermelon, honeydew, cantelope, etc. I think he omits it for papaya, but I don't remember for sure.
lol.... see, i am the opposite, some foods can *not* go together in the same mouthful: like nuts and chocolate, because nuts are savoury and chocolate is sweet..... or nuts in cake. or coffee in cake, unless it's partnered with rich dark chocolate and the coffee is espresso.
oh, and i can *not* put milk or sugar in my coffee.... but i do like to eat a (dark) chocolate covered coffee bean with my espresso.......
Post a Comment