Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Science Week

Working science experiments into the school day (or school week) has been rather unsuccessful at our house. The time allotted for set up, conducting the work, note taking, clean up and writing up the reports was never enough.

After failing and frustrating myself and the Artist enough times I opened up to the idea of Science Week. This week, the Artist has only two subjects, Latin (because there is a test today and she had to study) and Science.

Last time we had a Science Week it was very successful. I could not believe how quickly the work seemed to go. And without all the pressure of getting done in time for --fill in the blank-- I think the Artist learned more. I know she enjoyed it more.

In the first semester of school the Artist completed a group of physics experiments about planes and work. This week she is conducting energy and motion experiments.

No comments: