My proudest knitting moment and I can't share it! Agh-- the frustration! It has been some time since I have had a knitting update, but do not think my fingers have not been busy. I have recently completed the
Trellis sweater from Knitty. It is by far the highest quality garment I have ever made (knitting or sewing). I am so pleased with it I find myself downstairs in my basement office just to admire it every so often. As the sweater is a gift I will not post the entire photo until the recipient has it in hand. Here is a sneak peek.

After Trellis was completed, I had to try to remember how to knit with more than one color. It had been a while since I made these sweaters to fit my children's personalities...


My newest project is Sky and Leaves from
Thumb Knitting. Here I am on row 20 below the neckband. The pattern yoke contains 25 rows, so the
first tricky part is almost done. Then I have the perplexing part - knitting the body and the sleeves. No matter how many times I read the directions the confusion is not clearing up. When the time comes for me to "divide for body and sleeves" I'll be putting these good rows away in favor of practice yarn for a while, at least until I have some confidence with the technique.
3 comments:
Ooo, oooo ( raising my hand like Arnold Horshack) Am I the lucky recipient of this fabulous gift? : P
It looks stunning!
The sneak peek looks grand!!
I'm confident that you will conquer your latest project. I lately did a "Surprise Jacket" and no matter how many times I read through it, I thought, "Huh????" But I took my own advice and did one step at a time as written....and it worked. I couldn't picture how until the very end..so one step at a time! ;)
Trellis looks wonderful! I cannot wait to see it in its full glory.
Post a Comment