Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sluggish

What a difference a day makes! One moment the Engineer is singing from the hymnal and asking for a snack. About 90 minutes later when I call the kids for supper his sister tells me he is sleeping. When I checked on him I discovered a 103ยบ fever.As the night wore on his temperature went up even higher. So my night was filled with sponge baths, coaxing medicine down a drowsy child's resentful throat and a good dose of mommy worry.

Earlier today he was anxious to get his chores done. Now he has a spiking fever again and my sluggishness from a sleepless night is really catching up with me.

Thankfully there is no pain nor breathing issue.

4 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Aww! Poor Engineer! Hope he gets well soon!

Scribbit said...

Oh no, poor you, poor him!

Presbytera said...

Is he all better now?

The Hen (Charity) said...

My boy would often become sick with a fever and there would not be any other symptoms. It happened often when he was 5 and 6. Hopefully your little guy will get over this soon.