I wanted to check out the new market. I browsed around and was very pleased with the quality and prices I saw. Plus, being new it is so clean! Let's say it was different from the market where I shopped previously and leave it at that.There were baskets of beautiful big tomatoes next to baskets of fresh inviting avocados. My mind went right to chopping and mixing them with some onion and lemon juice and mayo.
Under this spell I created upon myself I was powerless to resist. So some tomatoes and an avocado came home with me.
Silly me. Must have been that self-created food craving spell. To think that one avocado would do. When my little salad-snack was about half gone I realized my error in judgement. Maybe today I can stop back into the market and pick up a dozen avocados and more tomatoes. I'm really glad the new store is close to home!
When I was little I remembered Mom set an avocado seed in water with toothpicks and we watched it root and grow a shoot. I don't know whatever happened to the plant. I thought I'd give it a try with the handsome seed I'd garnished from the fruit I'd just enjoyed.
The first photo looks like we are back in chemistry building a model of a molecule.


5 comments:
Thank you Marie, I have to try that Guacamole Salad! I love avocados and tomatoes too.
We enjoyed guacamole atop green chili soup last night. I only had to use 4 big avocados, because there are just the seven of us at home these days.:~(
Love your cozy kitchen window and view!
What a great idea for growing avacados. I'll have to try it. Thanks for the recipe, my DH loves Guacamole so I'll definitely try it.
I have never gotten one of these to sprout. Let us know what happens?
I always wanted to grow a sweet potato vine too, but all I ever get is a moldy soggy potato.
Brown thumbed . . .
Oh, I LOVE avocados! Specifically in homemade Guac, but I'll take them however I can get them! Yum!
Post a Comment