There are some things completely outside the scope of my imagination. This morning I was treated to one example.
When your husband is in a band he needs to learn and practice songs. Naturally, the kids hear this going on except for the few songs he wishes he didn't have to play and refuses to practice when the kids are awake.
The Artist and Engineer pay attention and think it is great fun when Daddy plays guitar or plays songs on the computer so he can learn and get familiar with them. And the music is rubbing off on them.
After breakfast this morning I went upstairs to tidy my bedroom. I stopped what I was doing to listen to the monitor broadcasting sound from the first floor. There was my son's voice, singing the back up vocals and some lead to "New York Groove" by Ace Frehley. It was kind of hard to distinguish because it was mixed with my daughter's rendition of Maroon 5's "Harder to Breathe."
When I think about it, the kids singing Daddy's songs is to be expected. They hear them frequently! It just took me by surprise that they were each in their own little music world this morning. I suppose we are all Running in Circles in a way.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
The Artist was serenading Latin class to "Hang On, Sloopy" last week. Mr. H thought the song was "Hang On, Snoopy"!!!!!
That is so cute!
Shows how catchy his tunes are I suppose!
Post a Comment