Here's the completed Ostrich Plume lace. Late last night when I finished it, it did not occur to me to wet and block it. I suppose that would have made a better photograph.I finished the dish cloth while my daughter was at German School.
The grounds at the German Cultural Center are very nice.
After a solid week of rain, it, like everything else, was so lush and green.

Here are some photos of my daughter's classroom, the fish pond, and some of the soccer fields.


Not only did I have time to knit during the 2 and ½ hours of school time, I also listened to the Cavaliers beat the Pistons in a playoff game and I chose the pattern to use for my second lace dish cloth.
It is called Horseshoe Pattern. I expect to work on that today while I'm washing laundry and packing suitcases for a trip to New Orleans. So, with any luck, you can see a photo of that tomorrow. It may not be completed, however, because today we have day baseball again and that baseball sock project is begging for attention too.
With great joy, my Dad, brother, daughter and I are going to New Orleans to attend the confirmation of my cousin's daughter. While the plans for this event were unfolding, my grandmother, entered her eternal rest. At last, she joined her Lord in heaven and her husband who preceded her some 35 years before.
So we will attend the confirmation and, the next day, a commitment ceremony at the cemetery and a memorial service. With the conditions of the city after Katrina, burials are only available one day a week. I'm glad we can be there. We will be able to properly put my grandmother to rest.
It will be a eerie experience, I anticipate, to be in one of the most devastated areas of the city, where the family cemetery is located. My cousins tell me about the devastation that is still everywhere. I see that in the last month I have gotten back in the mail some of the Christmas cards I mailed out to family members. These people are all safe, but I no longer have addresses for them. I hope to update my address book while I'm down there.
Last but not least, I also received this package in the mail. In the photos I show half of the finger weight 100% wool dyed in shades of green with some yellow and blue. Altogether I have 2200 yds. I'm thinking of another sweater, maybe with a lace pattern worked into the fabric. You're right, Lene, I am hooked on lace!Something is telling me I should be knitting for my son too. The only thing I've made for him so far is an acrylic scarf. I think this green is reminding me not to forget him because green is his favorite color. But this yarn may be too feminine with the color variations. Any ideas out there?


No comments:
Post a Comment