Wednesday, May 03, 2006

"Run Away!!!" and Some Knitting

Every Wednesday I drive past this church on the way to German School. Just reading the sign, "Worldview Community Church," sounds alarm bells in my head and I find myself quoting Monty Python in my mind "Run Away!!! Run Away!!!" You can't see the building from the road, and I'm glad. I think it would make me more sad.

During this week when Dh is out of town for work I had visions of completing this pair of socks and making great progress on my baseball sock. The time has not been there, and when it is, I'm ready to fall asleep. Last night I did get to work on them a little. The gusset is just completed on the one, and not yet begun on the other. There are still some mistakes in the gusset, but they will not affect the fit. I'm going to have to stick with using markers rather than counting stitches in the future. Here you can see Slinky has joined me on the couch. She likes to lie on the knitting pattern, so we get into a shoving match several times last night. Thursday afternoon there is a baseball game. Perhaps that blue sock can get some work then....

1 comment:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Yes, seeing that building would make you more sad. We had to be there once for something unrelated to the church.

I thought I'd have more "free time" when my husband was out of town too. Somehow it doesn't seem to work out that way!

My cats love to lay on fabric and pattern pieces, especially when they are being cut out! Fortunately the sewing stuff is shut away in its own room now so there is not cat hair on everything.