There is to much to tell about the whole trip and I'm afraid I would forget something. So for now I will tell about Saturday. Waiting in the airport can get quite dull. My little one found an interesting ad for the art museum to draw in her sketchbook.
We also saw a family of morning doves living on the jetway. One adult flew off before I could get a good photo of the family.
We arrived in New Orleans without incident. The drive from the airport to the North Shore (of Lake Ponchatrain) was eerie. Many neighborhoods looked great. Others looked awful. I'd guess about 5% of the homes still had blue tarps over the roofs. In some neighborhoods every driveway had a trailer. Most folks are living in a trailer on their property while trying to make the house livable again.In the evening we met up with my cousins and their families and had dinner. We ate at a Japanese hibachi steak house and sushi restaurant. The chef gave an impressive show to watch. Amelia enjoyed a shrimp dinner, and I had some wonderful scallops. My favorite was the salmon, my cousin shared some with me. It was most fun to watch the children watch the chef. I've searched for a home page for the restaurant, but all I can find on the web are reviews.
Many emails waited for me when I got home. One of the most interesting was this paper on Women and Scriptures.


1 comment:
Happy Anniversary Marie. What are you doing for you weekend away? That sounds wonderful. Do you think you will talk about the kids? : P
Post a Comment