Friday, May 12, 2006

My Little Engineer

My Dear Son has created a curved pyramid here. One of his newest favorite activities is to build various towers and walls with his blocks and then knock them down. I had to be quick to get a few photos. This is the first time I remember him building a pyramid.

It is no accident that in this photo all the stamped letters and numerals are on their sides. All the relief letters on the upward face of the blocks are oriented right-side-up according to where my son sat as he built the tower. He was also particular about which block went in which place.




The green and brown socks are almost done. Here the one just needs to be grafted at the toe. I am very happy with the way the slanted toe fits on my foot. The ankle could be a bit looser to push me heel through, but I am not going to rip back to the ankle and re-work this pair of socks. It was not easy, but workable to put the sock on with only the two needles, so that is the way they will stay.

The second toe is ready to have the decreasing begin, but the pattern leaves it to me to reverse the directions from the fight sock to make a left sock. I think I will need to write it all out long hand because of all the interruptions that usually accompany my knitting time. It is best if I can check off each row as I go.

2 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Your son is very precise, isn't he? Blocks make great toys!

Genuine Lustre said...

Marie - the socks are awesome. I get impatient and make crew length socks.