More about my trip to Louisiana...
When we got to my cousin's trailer my daughter and her cousin had a painting project waiting for them. They had a ball! That was it for Saturday night.On Sunday morning we went to Lamb Of God Lutheran Church in Slidell, LA (sorry no link, there seems to be a problem with the website).
With great joy we participated in a traditional Divine Service. As I later remarked to the pastor, it is such a relief to attend a traditional service when I'm traveling. Here we have my daughter and one of her cousins after church. There were lots of photos taken after church. Including several of these with many many relatives of the confirmand, and my daughter with the confirmand. 
After the service we went to a Mexican restaurant for a reception. This lovely cake table was set up in the banquet room with a photo of the confirmand at her baptism included.At the church, because there was a confirmation, a "confirmation quiz" was available to all who attended. The quiz consisted of the following questions:
1. List the 6 chief parts of the Christian faith.
2. What is the chief purpose of the Law?
3. Why did Jesus have to be true man?
4. Why did Jesus have to be true God?
5. How do you receive the forgiveness of sins offered in the Gospel?
6. What is the definition of a sacrament?
When the answers were reviewed I think many people realized that catechesis ought not stop with confirmation.
I did have little bits of time to knit over the weekend. I completed this Scallop Pattern dish cloth. It is definitely my favorite so far. I also started the last dish cloth pattern I had printed. But there is nothing to show yet. I misunderstood the directions and got myself way off track. Of course I did not realize how to fix the mistake at first. By trial and error I figured it out. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to show the last dish cloth.



1 comment:
Congratulations to you and DH and thanks for sharing all those nice pictures with us.
Post a Comment