It was time to begin. My measurements for this hat would follow the pattern with no adjustments needed -- hooray! "This will be easy!" I think to myself as I imagine her wearing it with her pale pink coat this coming fall and winter.
I cast on and completed the ribbing to the point where I am supposed to increase one stitch for every seven on the needles.
Here is what it looks like now.
After all that effort to be careful with my swatches, I made a twist in the join on my circular needles. I was so angry. I am sure I made this mistake because I was too much involved with watching an episode of 24 (season 2) on the TV with my dh! The K1 P1 ribbing looked beautiful with the two white yarns held together. Too bad I had to rewind all my work. The colorful yarn will come in on the body of the hat to provide a few stripes and make it look "extra fancy" per the request of my daughter.


2 comments:
Aw! If it makes you feel any better, I have had to rip out plenty of mistakes in my sewing too. As a matter of fact, in the sewing world we have the saying: "As she sews, so shall she rip!"
Kids are so particular about they want, aren't they? :) Not that I wasn't the same as a kid. Heck, I find that's a big joy of sewing now, being able to get something exactly as I want. I'm sure you feel that way about the sweaters you'll be making. I just find it cute when I show a daughter a pattern and ask them if they like it, and they answer yes, but they'd like in blue, with this kind of trim, and short sleeves, and....
Hi Barb,
Your explaining about how your girls imagine what they want a dress to look like reminded me of my search for bridesmaids' dresses lo these many years ago.
Of course I could not find the prefect dress, so I found a seamstress who would make what I wanted and I bought the fabric. She did a great job, and I was able to get a dress for myself too. You may see it one day when my daughter is a teen. I outgrew it after having her.
Post a Comment