Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Winter Wear

The Sunday night mis-steps with my first attempt at a hat are in the past. Here is the nearly finished hat. The ends still need to be woven in. My daughter is very pleased, it is exactly as she imagined. I think it is quite fluffy and it makes her head look big! She likes the way it matches the dress scarf I made for her last year.

I have decided on some lace dish cloth patterns to try next. My first forray into lacework. It will be fun. I got out my cotton yarn this morning. It feels so different from the eyelash and fun fur held alongwith a strand of worsted weight acrylic used in the hat. It will be very satisfying to work with the cotton again.

2 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

The hat looks great, Marie! Very stylish! I'm glad your daughter is happy.

Jane said...

What a cute hat!

I wish I could knit!