
I am very pleased with the way this sweater is coming along. I spent Tuesday just weaving in loose ends. Today I picked up stitches, sewed the shoulder seams, added the collar and got one side seam completed. I stopped to get some snapshots of the side seam on the body of the sweater here because this is the smoothest job yet I have done with the mattress stitch. The first one is approaching the under arm seam:
And this one is about two inches after it, heading down the arm towards the cuff. I guess this means tomorrow I finish this project.
Now I need to get serious about the design for the Artist's multi-colored intarsia sweater.


3 comments:
Hi Marie
I'm glad to see this coming along so nicely, as although I've done fair isle I've not knitted intarsia since I was a teenager. I'm intending to be challenged after I've finished the DH's plain knit.LOL!
Wow, this is really looking great! I'm impressed you have the weaving in done - that's the part I dread. I have a blanket for my niece close to being done, but I think I procrastinate finishing it because I dread the ends!
Great job on the sweater!
lookin good.
Post a Comment