Saturday, August 26, 2006

On to the Next Phase

Last night I finished the knitting on the front panel of the intarsia sweater I'm making for my daughter. Here the front is on the left of the photo. There are some 20 trails of yarn hanging out on the reverse side of the front waiting to be woven in. That will keep be busy while I'm waiting for my book on designing knit garments to arrive. I'm expecting it on Monday. Isn't that what they call just-in-time information? If (that is a big IF) I get the ends woven in before my book arrives I begin making a demo sleeve to see if my ideas will pan out all right. The demo will be all one color for ease of knitting!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's looking good. 20 Strands? Ouch!

Lene said...

You are fast, so who is next? I guess it is your turn now...

Designated Knitter said...

I know about the ends....the blanket that I'm working on has roughly....well...let's say well over 250 ends to weave in. But be of good cheer. I sat down and did about 100 of them last night, and it really didn't take more than an hour at the most, so you are in good shape - and your sweater looks beautiful!

Lutheran Lucy said...

Marie, I am not a knitter so I don't know anything about it. I do have a question though. What is easier to learn? To knit or crochet?

Rick said...

This is Marie using the Quipper's ID for a quick comment:

Sorry, Lucy, I can't help you there. The closest I've gotten to crochet is admiring other people's work. I've never tried to learn. I've heard other people say it is easy to crochet.